You had your baby and now you are taking your Hair Vitamins and eating healthy to help minimize postpartum hair fall, but there is more you can do to help the process. We’ve rounded up the top 5 hair products out there to promote healthy strong hair after pregnancy.
1. Scalp Massage Brush: Help promote circulation to the scalp with a scalp massage brush. You can pick one up on amazon or Sephora and most make good on promises of thicker, shiner hair. The Benefits of brushing are many but we love that they are such a good way to distribute oil produced from the sebaceous glands used to lubricate the scalp and hair. Brushing is a way to distribute the oils throughout the hair to the ends, making hair shiny. Additionally, brushing your hair stimulates blood flow to the scalp, which helps bring more nutrients to follicles to promote hair growth.
2. Kerastase Genesis Product Line: Just this year Kerastase came out with a hair care collection that treats hair fall due to hair breakage. The Genesis collection is a dual action fortifying system professionally formulated to strengthen hair and reduce hair breakage. Stronger hair means less hair on the bathroom floor and we love that. The line uses Edelweiss Native Cells, Ginger Root, Arginine + Caffeine. The system provides immediate strength and softness, and we love that it still detangles & adds moisture. Not only that, but it smells amazing: featuring citrusy, sun-ripened bergamot, along with aromatic herbs and a touch of floral notes. Cedar, lime, basil, and rose are all included in notes of the scent.
3. Living Proof Volumizing Shampoo: It’s no secret pregnant women will tell you the best hair of their life was when they were pregnant. But in the months that follow when the body lets go of all the nutrients it was holding onto hair can…. well…fall flat. The Living Proof Volumizing Shampoo claims to transform fine, flat hair to look, feel and behave like naturally full, thick hair. It’s a well reviewed and tried product that lives up to the hype and delivers thicker looking hair.
4. Lavender Oil: Lavender essential oil recently gained attention for stimulating hair growth. A 2016 study found that lavender oil applied to mice made them grow more hair. Their hair also grew thicker and faster than normal. This benefit is way more effective when the oil can work itself into the skin. When applying it to the scalp mix several drops into 3 tablespoons of carrier oil, like olive oil or melted coconut oil, and apply it directly for at least 10 minutes before washing and shampooing like you normally would. Can be done several times a week.
5. Caffeine: Does washing your hair with coffee make it grow? Washing hair with coffee can actually be very beneficial. First of all, rough coffee grounds will aid in exfoliating your scalp and stimulate your hair follicle, which in turn helps hair growth. Also, caffeine has been proven to stimulate the hair follicle when applied directly to the scalp. Just rub a palmful of coffee into your scalp and rinse it thoroughly. Keep for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
We of course always recommend Baby Blues Hair Vitamins as well.